Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blessing #8


Our little "Eight is Enough" girl came into our lives just 18 years ago. She had the bluest eyes and blondest hair. She looked so pretty in blue so I dressed her in blue a lot. She fell off the bed and broke her arm at 10 months. She knew that she was loved with all of the attention and love she received.....or did she feel love deprived with all of the chaos of 8 kids running around the house. She probably had a little of both. One thing is for sure, she always tries her best and has received double awards sometimes for her efforts and talents. Dean just finished putting together her trophies in a little wall case and it is pretty heavy. She is the state record holder for running and is finding out that she doesn't want to quit, so she runs and runs still. She graduated from Riverton High School in June and went to Utah State where she worked making beds and cleaning for EFY. Now she is taking lots of classes and taking up running at the school and taking more violin etc. When she calls I'm so happy for her to cross all of the struggling bridges, because I can see all of the good things she is learning. Mothers of 8 children are a little less sympathetic, because I have seen the other kids do it, and it just makes them stronger, so I just end up cheering her on rather than let her cry on my shoulder.

Alisa is kind to others, she is appreciative and thoughtful. She will put herself second and give where giving is needed. She was the last of the Tebbs cousins and kind of a lone Sheffer cousin, but her sisters have seen to it that she doesn't get left out of the hikes, or trips, or vacations, or camping, horse rides, or shopping trips. I love to have her come home and see that she has a home, with a place to be where a Mom and Dad love to care for her if she ever wants it. She is so beautiful to me because she is so willing to do what I ask. Her spirit is one of faith and love. I love you my little eightikins. I hope she stays away from boys just a little while longer! Love MOM