We have been thinking of all of you and are anxiously waiting for pictures that will show up on facebook or whatever so that we can see all of the fun that we missed.
We are fine here and hearing from you is a big relief when we get this or that news from you. It does help us along. It has been so rewarding to work hard and feel little miracles that help us along. My banana bread recipe has never worked out too well at home, but here when I make it for the missionaries it never fails and I don't even measure. I count that as a miracle. Haa!
This past week has been so nice. A holiday that began on Thursday. We went out driving and there were no cars on the road? We could be anywhere in the city within 30 minutes. It was wonderful. By night we headed out to Taguig and saw people walking along the road for at least 5 miles all in one direction like they were walking to a Jazz game, little kids, families, carrying chairs, food, big holiday. We made it home just fine. The next day we were fixing sisters apartment and they said did you see all the people? They were going to a parade celebrating the Passion of the Cross. That's all I'm going to say, but it is not pretty. How grateful I am that we celebrate a Living Christ. However the driving has been tremendous even until Sunday. They just set off a bunch of fireworks outside of our window. We can almost look down on them we are up so high.
I had just told Lisa on face book everything was gray here, we walk out our door and look what we found! Happy Easter everyone.
Today we had Easter dinner with Irfan and Shazia the family from Pakistan. They fixed Pakistan rice and chicken, we took eggs for the kids to find that I colored with a crayon and gave a short lesson on the resurrection and the first vision. I know how miserable they are living the way they do. She makes a wheat flour tortilla that is so Masarap. They reverted to celebrating Easter as they do at Mass. I hope the Holy Ghost will touch their heart to the truth.
I said to smile and JB put his cone on his cheek.
The Apartment Elder
No comments:
Post a Comment