We have had a great week. Missionary apartments got caught up -- at least we can breathe and we have been able to work a little with the missionaries. We did finish painting the sisters and then ran to help some other sisters with a small order and ended up staying 3 hours -- putting in a new faucet, fixing screen door and then we were late for FHE with the seniors, we made the very end. That is normal for us because it is held at 5:00 and we are so busy usually. The senior missionaries -- those who work in office and some other MLS missionaries get together the 2nd and 4th Monday nights for FHE. This night they learned of the new changes in the PEF program. We came home completely tired. The next day we began searching for lost members. I think we may have found 2 members of about 20 through facebook. I'm not sure how to find an address -- that will be something we can work on next week. There are thousands of lost members -- they don't know where they live -- in the Philippines. Two little ladies in the office are in charge of finding all of these people so their records can be sent to the right wards. You can imagine the needle in a haystack this could be, but they have a plan and some missionaries that are working so hard. We will help them. Our Pakistan family can not have us come to their home anymore because they are in the Catholic mission. We keep in contact with them, but to see them they would have to come here. We love them and pray for them. Some of the people we have met this week are so wonderful. We have been working on our Tagalog. The MTC calls us at 7 a.m. on Skype and will be helping us 3 times a week. We need the language. We understand very little even though most people speak some English. I was able to go to a mother/daughter night with Marikina 4th. It was a party. The ladies are just so sweet. They made puta (rice cake ball), pork barbeque, rice and some hard bread. I made a potato salad. That was gone in an instant. We also had a really great time with some of the MLS missionaries welcoming the Barlows to the work. We had a potato bar and ice cream. Both of those things are not too popular of foods here, so it was really good to eat American.
We played guess the Tagalog word. (kind of like Bolderdash) Enjoyed that too. Sister Johnson said she has eaten dog, cat, rat and bat in that order. She lives in the country with the people. I feel bad living in this part of town not with the people. But I'm glad I haven't had to eat that stuff. ha ha. She shared this website with us. This is what it is like here and how we are beginning to feel. We haven't been wealthy. We have been given to over and over by wonderful good people who love the Lord. I can not discount all of the times I have been selfish but This world is so different. It doesn't take much to help someone who needs here. Every day we see something we've never seen before like -- a kid riding a pig in a tricycle. a lady sound asleep on a round pole, a lady sitting in a pile of trash with a plastic bag on her head full of air. Today we saw a turkey walking down the sidewalk as we were leaving church. It had really long legs, but Dad wouldn't stop and let me take a picture of it. Anyway -- look up wearethatfamily.com Waking up from the American Dream.
We played guess the Tagalog word. (kind of like Bolderdash) Enjoyed that too. Sister Johnson said she has eaten dog, cat, rat and bat in that order. She lives in the country with the people. I feel bad living in this part of town not with the people. But I'm glad I haven't had to eat that stuff. ha ha. She shared this website with us. This is what it is like here and how we are beginning to feel. We haven't been wealthy. We have been given to over and over by wonderful good people who love the Lord. I can not discount all of the times I have been selfish but This world is so different. It doesn't take much to help someone who needs here. Every day we see something we've never seen before like -- a kid riding a pig in a tricycle. a lady sound asleep on a round pole, a lady sitting in a pile of trash with a plastic bag on her head full of air. Today we saw a turkey walking down the sidewalk as we were leaving church. It had really long legs, but Dad wouldn't stop and let me take a picture of it. Anyway -- look up wearethatfamily.com Waking up from the American Dream.
Sorry po, the picture went in the wrong place, I'm not sure how to move it. This is Mark Anthony a member for 9 months now. He is way excited to become a missionary.
Some of the pictures are of Chris and his kids. They just moved into his new home in the background. He builds desks and beds for the missionaries. I sure wish we had more work for him. Well everyone, our friends and family, we love you. We are so grateful for every one of you. You are so precious to us. We are going to call Grandma and say happy birthday party in another hour. Hope those who went had a great time. It sounded really fun.
All our love,
Mom and Dad, Elder and Sister (po is used on someone that you respect so much thus you are po)

No comments:
Post a Comment