Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Moab Campsite

They found out that slick rock is not a very good biking trail. It is tooo slick and toooo rocky and everyone got hurt except Dean and Casey. Alisa hit her head (lucky for helmet) notice the skins and bruises on the knees and elbows. Don't go there! They went on to Arches and we came on home. I was sick and should not have gone. But I wanted to go too bad for too many years. It was a great time and well worth it if no one gets what I had. It is so much fun to be with four of my girls and all.
Our campsite was down a dirt road, and we had a blast around our dutch oven fire. Sheila had her kids and tent, we had our tent. Kami and Alisa slept in the back of the truck under some magnificent stars (and ice cold air) Levi had a tent, Casey a tent and Teri and Audrey had Teri's car to sleep in. Raychel and Paul had a tent. The girls got up and went running. After the kids played at the park. Parker had a blast going down the slide. I asked him if he wanted to go again and he got so excited and said Ya! We had a nice picnic lunch and then headed for slick rock.




Kami and Alisa ran the 13 mile Canyon Lands Marathon this year. Levi and Raychel joined in the last two miles. Raychel and Kami ran it last year. Alisa's time was around 1.5 hours and Kami about 10 min. behind that. It was perfect running weather, not too hot. We had quite a group go cheer them on. This is Kami's roommate, Audrey, and Teri (cousin) and her friend Casey and Raychel is holding Gavon. They had a blast.

1 comment:

Raychel said...

That was super fun...I can't wait to see everyone again.